It is every HOA vendor’s Fiduciary responsibility to protect their clients from harm. Therefore, we instruct our repair technicians to tarp or repair all live leaks while onsite, just as a firefighter will always put out a fire. We are your go-to team during an emergency. That said, without pre-authorization for emergency spends, we cannot fully protect the families under your stewardship.
We Are Requesting the Return of Pre-Approval Emergency Spends For All HOA’s
Think about this all-too-common scenario, that has played out repeatedly over the past 72 hours:
- Community manager emails Antis a work order for a live roof leak, but work order states: “Inspect only.”
- Antis techs go to property and witness a live leak and a desperate homeowner.
- Antis attempts to call the manager for approval to mitigate the suffering and property damage.
- Property manager attempts to get approval from the HOA BOD.
- This time gap causes tech to have to go to other health-threatening emergencies, and the suffering homeowner gets no relief.
- Approval is finally given, 2-to-24 hours later, and now the repair must be scheduled, but all techs are busy.
- We estimate that only 25% of the work orders we receive have a pre-approval spend for authorization to mitigate the leaking. Ten years ago, prior to the drought and recession, 70% of our work orders had pre-approval.
***THIS IS NO DIFFERENT FROM A FIREFIGHTER BEING ASKED TO WALK AWAY FROM A FIRE, KNOWING THAT THE PROPERTY WILL SUSTAIN ADDITIONAL DAMAGE***
PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL OF YOUR HOA BOD’s ASKING FOR IMMEDIATE PRE-APPROVAL FOR EMERGENCY TARPING AND/OR REPAIR WITH $1000-$1500 PRE-APPROVAL.
- Before the 2007 economic downturn and subsequent five-year record drought, most HOAs had policies like this in place.
- If you currently don’t have this approval in place, your HOA board of directors, your emergency vendor, and the physical structure are at risk – with potentially thousands of dollars in damages, remediation and litigation costs at stake.
Keep in mind that roofers are more booked up than they have been in 19 years
Antis Credit ½-Back Policy
As you know, Antis will credit back 50% of all emergency patch costs when additional work is completed. Please pass this info on to your boards when you seek approval.
Antis’ Commitment to You…
“This is our commitment to you and your community! We will do whatever it takes to keep your clients dry and, in 27 years, repairing more than 100,000 HOA leaks, we have never litigated for nonpayment, though we know that there will be a few HOA boards that will not pay… In other words, if your boards say they will not pay for the emergency patch, we give you our word that we will not seek payment via litigation, lien or intimidation. Please help us to get paid by seeking pre-approval for emergency work.” – Charles Antis